Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First day of 2nd grade

It's Parker's first day of 2nd grade today. I got up at 6:30 this morning and he was already up and had started on his breakfast. My guess is that he got up about 6:00. He was ready to go to the bus stop at 6:45, unfortunately the bus doesn't come until 7:30! I managed to stall him until 7:20.

We went to meet his teacher yesterday. When we got in the car to leave I asked him what he thought of his new teacher. He said, "Nice, but she's not exactly like I expected." I asked him what did he expect and he said he thought she would be like his 1st grade teacher, "you know, more my size." His second grade teacher is tall, my height or a little taller and I'm 5' 9". His first grade teacher is probably about 5' tall and Parker is 4' 3". I thought about this comment last night and his kindergarten teacher was also about 5' so I guess he assumed that all teachers are the same height. Why would he assume that? Because he is 7. What a cutie!

No comments: