Monday, September 28, 2009

This Mornings Work

This is what I've been doing this morning, basting. This is my sister's quilt. She won the fabrics used to make the center about 10 years ago - about the time kid number 2 was born. She now has 5 kids. When she got the top made, I told her that I would quilt it for her as a gift. She provided the backing fabric, a nice blue flannel, and the binding fabric. After I quilt it I will make the binding and attach it to the front for her. She wants to whip stitch the binding to the back herself. I had to piece the backing. I decided to iron the fabric before piecing it and it's a good thing I did. There was a small hole in the fabric so I had to cut that out and piece in another section. Luckily my sister bought plenty of backing fabric.

No comments: