Friday, December 11, 2009

Day Derailment

Parker woke up this morning with a crusty, oozing, swollen red eye - pink eye. At 8 am I called the school to tell them that Parker has pink eye and won't be coming to school today. At 8:02 am I called the doctor's office and made an appointment, 11:30 was the first they had. At 1 pm we picked up the eye drops from the pharmacy. Parker has been in his room ever since we got home, about an hour and a half ago. He will not let me put the drops in. The pharmacist told me they may sting and Parker heard her. I guess the look I gave her was pretty severe because she added that if it did sting it would only sting the first time. Well the damage had been done.

I have tried reasoning with him. My husband came home briefly and he put a drop in his eye and said that it did not sting. Parker is now in his room until he will permit me to put a drop in each eye (the other eye has it too but not as bad). His best friend comes over every Friday after school and his mom said it would be okay if he came today even though Parker has pink eye. I told Parker that he will not be allowed out of his room to play with his friend until he allows me to put a drop in each eye. If this doesn't work will I tie him down and pry his eye open to put the medicine in? At this point, I don't know.

In light of the above I have gotten almost nothing done today that I wanted or needed to do. That makes me grumpy. I don't like to be grumpy, which makes me grumpier. Where did I put my emergency smile?

No comments: