Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I made this little quilt in 2008 as a homework assignment for my art group. I think it was the assignment where we had to use found objects on a quilt. The keys were found in a dresser that my parents gave us. It was one of the first pieces of furniture they bought after they got married. We were moving it and pulled out the drawers and I found these as the back of one of the drawers. They look like old luggage keys. I called this "Keys to My Heart" and gave it to my niece that year for her birthday.

In our old house in Macon, GA, this dresser was in our sewing/guest room. I stored fabric in it. When we moved it and found the keys, I also found a fat quarter that had fallen out of a drawer and got trapped at the back of the dresser. Sometimes it pays to rearrange your furniture!

No comments: