Monday, March 15, 2010

Quilt University Homework Assignment

This is the first little quilt I have completed as part of my Quilt University class, Playing with Lines and Shapes by Lily Kerns. The first assignment was to make a bunch of little sketches. There was a lot more to it than just drawing a bunch of sketches, but I think you should take the class if you want all the details. Part of the second assignment is to translate one of your sketches into fabric. Below is my original sketch. I enlarged it to standard paper size, printed it out and used it to make a pattern for the above quilt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool. I really love your interpretation in fabric! I haven't tried an on-line quilting course before (I assume that's what this is). How do you like them?

Stephanie in Michigan
http://peasinapod.typepad.com/peas-in-a-pod/

Lynn said...

Yes, it's an online course. This is my first time taking an online course. So far, I like it. There are four lessons in my course and the lessons are posted every Friday. We have a week to read the lesson and do the assignments. There is a discussion board and a gallery for posting our work. You can click on the words "Quilt University" in the post and go to their website. They offer a free course on borders so you can try out the course format.

Anonymous said...

I really like this too. I am going to have fun with that quilt teacher, she's the one teaching the fractals class I'm taking.

Anonymous said...

I may have to try one of the on-line courses one day. Too much on my plate right now, but thanks for the great info! Stephanie in Michigan

Lyric said...

this is wonderful! I like the play between the textured print and the solid fabric. The thickness and thinness of the line is lovely.