Friday, April 23, 2010

Now what? Help!


This morning I quilted one of the charity tops I spray basted yesterday. I found some binding in my binding scrap bag that I thinks matches well enough. I attached the binding to the front of the quilt then cut off the excess batting and backing. Usually I square up the quilt before attaching the binding, but for some reason I did the reverse today. Above you can see what happened! *&%$^)* I really don't want to rip that corner of binding off, cut out the boo-boo, piece in a new section of binding, then resew it to the quilt. Any other suggestions? Keep in mind, this is a charity quilt, not an heirloom, show quilt. I still like my charity quilts to be well constructed, but I don't want to spend a lot of extra time or expense on them.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, that's hard. I don't see an option. Corners get the most wear and any sort of patch would be very visible. You shouldn't have to tear out too much, maybe 12" total. Save it for next time you are talking on the phone and maybe it will seem to go faster.

Barb said...

sorry

Nancy said...

Have you turned it to the back and checked? I wonder if after turning and folding you could just tuck it under stitch it together...

Til said...

What about adding a different color in the corners like little photo corners....not sure if I am making all that much sense, but if you were to go with a color that matched one of the colors in the quilt just to do quick corners only that might work?

Ste said...

Lynn, I'm so sorry! I usually square up my quilts before sewing on the binding also. I know all my quilting books say to do it the way you did, but I don't like doing it that way. I see your next post says "Crisis Over" so I'm going to assume you resolved it. Can't wait to see what you did.