Friday, August 27, 2010

Crazy Week!

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. It has been crazy at my house this week. Our roof was finished yesterday.


Now the paint looks 10 times worse than it did, and it looked bad before. Painting will be our next project.

In addition to the roof and insulation project, which lasted 3 1/2 days, the semester began at the College on Monday so my husband and I are back to work. School began for our son on Tuesday. For some reason he didn't get off the bus at his stop on Tuesday afternoon so we lost him for about 20 minutes. A parent's worst nightmare and this is the second time we have lost our child. (He was three the first time and I still get shaky just thinking about that experience.) Anyway, he was fine, just really confused and had no idea that he was even lost.

We had to completely empty our attic storage space so that they could do the spray foam insulation so we have boxes and bins of stuff every where waiting to go back into the storage area. The insulation project was pretty messy - dusty - so I have lots of cleaning to do and no motivation to do it.

I did get to do a little stitching this afternoon.


I am almost finished with my little Joy ornament.


I am really liking this one! I think it's a little large for an ornament but I can fix that. This one was just my prototype anyway.

2 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Your new roof looks great! And I know about losing your child. Our son was 3 when we "lost" him, too. Turns out he was hiding and I wasn't sure if I wanted to hug him or pinch him when I found him!

Mama Pea said...

Your new roof really looks great. Love the color! Isn't that the way it is with "fix-up" projects? You fix up one thing, and it just leads to needing to fix up another. Depressing sometimes. I haven't lost my kid, but I can only imagine the sinking feeling it must produce. I've come close a couple of times, not knowing where my daughter is in a store for a minute, and it produces a lot of anxiety. Glad everything worked out okay! Your stitchery looks great. Can't wait to see what you do next. School starts for me next week, so I know what you mean about getting really busy all of a sudden!