Sunday, August 22, 2010

Playing with a Purpose

Every year I make ornaments for my nieces and nephews and other children special to our family. I have played around with several ornament ideas for this years ornament, but nothing really excited me, until today ...

I started with a square of fabric, about 4 1/2" in size, on a piece of batting. I did a quick zig-zag stitch around the edges just to baste the two layers together. Then I got out some of my variegated DMC floss.


I thought it might be nice to try stitching a word.


Now I am stitching whatever pops into my head.


When I'm done stitching, I plan to back this with a Christmas print, whipstitch around the edges, and attach a hanging loop.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

So cute! You are so creative with your stitching! And you're already thinking ahead for Christmas. You go, girl!