Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

We had a smaller group this year for our Trick-or-Treat party, but it was still fun. Parker is dressed as Mario.


The weather was nice but I wondered if the fact that it was Sunday night might deter some folks from coming out. NO! I have a cauldron for the candy I give out.


I couldn't keep Goldie out of the picture but then thought it would be good to have her in it for scale. As you can see, it is a pretty big cauldron. It was about half full of candy when the night began and I ran out at 7:45 pm. I give one piece of candy to each kid so I figure we had about 400 kids come by last night.

Parker and Tony decorated their Haunted Gingerbread Houses over the weekend. Here is Parker's house.





And Tony's house.





A big thank you to James for sending us the gingerbread house pieces and candy to decorate them with. We really enjoy getting the kit each year and they smell wonderful!

I have lots to share with you from my weekend retreat but I'll spread that out over the next few days.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Looks like fun was had by all! Great houses! Mario was big this year. Saw a lot of him around here!