Monday, November 29, 2010

Ski Season has begun

We had a nice Thanksgiving. I hope you did too. I cooked all day Wednesday and Thursday. I enjoy cooking and it is fun to do a big meal every once in a while. Bright and early Friday morning my husband left for two days of skiing. He got back late Saturday night and slept all day Sunday. I tell you this so that you know why I haven't gotten very much done over the Thanksgiving holiday. I sure was glad things were back to normal today. However, I didn't get any sewing done today either because of all the errands, grocery shopping and dinner making.

On Friday, in little spurts, I was able to make a few gift bags. Parker had a friend over for the afternoon. They played very nicely and left me alone for the most part. I made these two birthday bags as a gift for a friend.



Then I made a few Christmas gift bags. I made two each of these.



Once I get on a roll with these they are very fast to make. You can go to my pattern/tutorial for the bags I make by clicking here.

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Good job. Way to get so much done. I should really do some of those next year. Very cute.

I can think of no fate worse than cooking for two days. I just hate it. I am so glad there are people like you and my husband in the world, who really love it! :-) You all feed me! I wash dishes for anyone who cooks for me! :-)

Barb said...

Isn't it great when they can play quietly and you can sew....love your bags!

Deanna said...

What a productive sewing day!