Friday, January 21, 2011

UFO Bust Report - Funky Santa Finished

I have a finish to report today - yay!


I was going to take it outside to photograph it. I get much better pictures outside in the morning before the sun gets too high. But it is 10 degrees this morning and I'm not that gung-ho of a photographer. Plus I'd have to take it down from its spot in the dining room. Yes - I hung up my Christmas quilt after Christmas! I'm just going to leave it up a couple of weeks.

I attached some eyelash yarn to cover the black around the center panel, plus a some buttons, bows and beads.


The beads are really hard to photograph inside. *sigh* Maybe when I take it down in a few weeks I'll take it outside and snap a few better photos.

Below is a photograph taken before I started embellishing.


Scroll up to the first photo of the whole quilt. Can you see the difference the green eyelash yarn made? Some folks liked it just fine with the black border around the center panel. For me it just drew my eye immediately to the center panel, highlighting the fact that it is a panel. I'm not embarrassed I used a panel but I didn't want it to be the first thing you noticed when you look at the quilt. For me, the green border does that. What do you think?

As a follow-up, I was successful in passing on my Cabin Lap quilt UFO to a friend at guild last Saturday. So this makes two I have marked off my list so far.

8 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love everything about this quilt, Lynn: the colors, fabrics, everything. And that the eyelash yarn added a great touch.
Be sure to keep up with how many UFO you've busted. I'm afraid I'm not doing a good job of record keeping in that regard. But it will make a difference when prize drawing time comes.

Mom IsAmagpie said...

That is such a cute quilt but all those embellishments are to die for! I love the buttons and especially the eyelash yarn to me it makes it have that extra oomph. Which I didn't even know it needed looking at the first one, but you did and now it's just amazing!

Jen said...

Two finishes! Good for you! I love the Funky Santa, and I couldn't tell you had used a panel. I would hang it up too, if I had just finished. Take awhile to admire to hard work! You deserve it!

Diane E W said...

Nice quilt. I love Christmas quilts. Nice progress on your UFO's. I am making progress but no finish yet.

Barb said...

Sooooo loving this quilt!

Robin said...

I'm having a hard time getting my comments to show up. I hope this one does....... I agree with you that the new border is better. It's a really cute quilt. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it up after Christmas.

Deb said...

Yes, I like the green better, too, but I wouldn't have known it was a panel. I like the HoHoHo! :) Congrats on finishing!!!

Mama Pea said...

Yeah, I like it much better with the green. Congrats on a job well done! I am late with my UFO busting report (again). Sigh. I really like how this turned out for you!