Monday, March 28, 2011

Sand Dunes Swimming Pool

Yesterday afternoon we went swimming at the Sand Dunes Pool. It is about a 25 minute drive from Alamosa.

It was windy and chilly but the water was a warm 97 degrees F, as usual. It can be a bit hot for me in the summer, but this time of year it is perfect.

The view from the pool is amazing.


This bush was so orange! I don't know what it is but I love the color.

The Great Sand Dunes National Park is only about 10 miles away, as the crow flies. I circled it for you in the picture below.


I like to go to this pool in the afternoon and eat dinner here. Their menu is fantastic, reasonably priced and definitely not typical pool concession stand food. I had the Capresse Panini with Chicken and my husband had the Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich. I have heard of people stopping here to eat but not swim. It's that good! They have several green houses and grow all their own produce for the restaurant. If you are ever in the area, this place is definitely worth a visit. They even have an RV park on the premises.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Very pretty! I could use a nice warm dip right now. Brrr....I'm so cold!