Monday, June 27, 2011

Robbi Joy Eklow Class (photo heavy)

Eighteen ladies spent all day yesterday in class with Robbi Joy Eklow here in Alamosa. This is one of the quilts Robbi brought to show us. (Click on the images to see them larger)


This is typical of Robbi's style, bright and geometric fused applique, although upon closer inspection some of the smaller details are painted. Click on the link in the first sentence above to go to Robbi's website.

We worked from 9 am until 4 pm with a break for lunch.


As part of our class fee we got to choose a pattern to work on. Robbi brought about a dozen to choose from and some had samples. Here are a few.



I chose to work on the one second from the right. I got two of the units mostly finished in class.


I got pictures of the progress made by a few others in the class too.










As you can see, it was a fun class!

My plan for today is to clean the house and get the boy's room back in order. I don't know if we will finish today, but I hope to make a dent in it. Once I get the boy's room back together I plan to start on my sewing room. Before we left I ordered some new shelving for my sewing room. It is currently sitting in boxes in the living room. I plan to paint and reorganize my sewing room over the next few weeks. Of course, I will share photos of the process. The "before" photos are pretty scary though. You have been warned!

3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Those are beautiful. I'm surprised that they are fused. I like the one you are doing. How did you like doing that? Do you quilt it now? Thanks for the link, I'm off to see more of what she does.

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. I was surprised that they are fused, too - very effective. I also didn't know that the smaller details were painted. Interesting!

Mama Pea said...

Looks like a really fun class. I knew you'd pick the one you did! LOL. I can't wait to see your before and after photos of the house. How exciting to get to redo some of your sewing room!