Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just Playing

I needed something to sew but I only have a few minutes at a time right now so I can't do anything complicated. I got out my Gwen Marston book to look for inspiration.






I decided to try the square in a square blocks.


Above it what I've done so far. I'm just using scraps. I may add another round of triangles to these to make them larger and I may not. Right now it's just something easy to sew when I don't have much time to sew. They measure between 5" and 6" squarish at this point.

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I am really loving that book. There's so much I want to try in there. When will I ever get to it? I like what you are doing and how fun to just grab some fabric and go for it when you have a few moments.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I have that book, and also her first one -- and the ones she did with Freddy Moran. I like all of them, they give you permission to not be perfect but at the same time explore your own uniqueness.

I like your blocks, great way to use scraps!

Linda

Deborah said...

Those blocks are too kewl! Have fun playing.
Deborah