Friday, December 23, 2011

A Finish

The first Quilt of Valor I showed you on Tuesday is finished.


I refrained myself from quilting it to death.


The details:

Finished Size: 60" by 70.5"
Fabrics: Two Valor Sampler sets of 2 1/2" strips from Connecting Threads, yardage of one of the red prints from the Valor Sampler for the outer border and backing, and Navy Kona solid for the inner border and binding.
Thread: Signature cotton in Sapphire color for the quilting.
Block pattern: Idea from this Missouri Quilt Company video

My plan for today is to get the second Quilt of Valor from Tuesday's post basted and the quilting started. I'm going to try to quilt all over free form feathers on it. I need to practice first to see if I can figure out how to do these. If so, that will be the quilting pattern I use. If not, I'll have to figure out what plan B is.

Happy Holidays everyone! I'll be back on Monday with my Modern Monday block. Click on the link to see the block for this week. I've already made mine and I love it!

5 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. Great job quilting it. Gads, you just reminded me about Modern Block Monday. I better get busy!

Unknown said...

Your quilt looks awesome!

Merry Christmas!!

Jen said...

ooh, I love it! Fab pattern and great quilting! Someone is going to be very happy to receive this quilt :)

Denise in PA said...

Great job. i think the quilting is just enough!

Mama Pea said...

Great job, Lynn! I think you have just the right amount of quilting on it. Way to finish!