Friday, December 30, 2011

UFO Bust Report

The Arrowhead quilt top is done and it is basted.


I've quilted in the ditch around each block but now can't decide how to quilt the rest. I don't want to spend too much time quilting it, but I want it to look nice and hold the layers together well. I'll probably end up doing a bit more ditch quilting within each block and maybe something decorative in the center four patches.

Check out this cute backing fabric I found in my stash.


This was a donation from my mom to my charity backing stash. It's perfect for this quilt!

Hop over to Susan's to see what the other Little Green Quilters have been up to lately.


I thought it would be appropriate to include in this post my UFO list for 2012. I found it very helpful to keep track this year so I plan to continue.

1. Arrowhead block quilt
2. Noodle Surprise quilt
3. Robbie Joy Ecklow class quilt
4. Bird Panel
5. Yellow brick road quilt
6. Flannel squares charity quilt
7. Modern Monday Sampler quilt
8. Oh My Stars! quilt
9. Utensil Fabric inspired art quilt

Some of these fall more under the category of "works in progress" or "quilts I'm planning to make," but I think having just one list will work better for me than having three lists.

Happy New Year to all! I will definitely post again on Monday for Modern Monday but maybe not over the weekend. It depends on how much progress I make on quilting the Arrowheads quilt. The husband has gone skiing for the weekend so there is no way to predict how much sewing time I will get.

7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

That backing fabric is great! I think I'll keep track again this year, too. It helped me. I need to reflect back on what I accomplished this year. It really wasn't much, in terms of UFOs, but there was definitely more progress than I've made without keeping track.

Julie S said...

Your arrowhead quilt looks great! What a perfect backing, and yahoo for it coming from the stash!

Glad to see you continuing with the Little Green Quilters as well! It is encouraging for me to see the progress others are making...it pushes me to keep going to!

Deb said...

Lynn ~ oh my goodness! 14 out of 15!! What a Buster you are!! Congratulations! Keeping track really helped me, too, and I'm looking forward to another year of UFO-ing!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great backing. Love that quilt. I want to learn how to do that block. Great idea of keeping track of your finishes. Maybe I'll remember to do that this year. It must be fun looking back on all you've accomplished. Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

it's an awesome thing to find the backing that works well, without having to buy new fabric. :)

Cute quilt!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The quilt is beautiful, Lynn. I'm glad you're going to stay with us Little Green Quilters in 2012. It has been so much fun getting to know you and keeping up with your projects. Happy New Year!

Barbara Anne said...

Hi Lynn!
Glad to hear you're going to keep playing on UFO busting! I've enjoyed seeing your progress and your quilts this year.

Love the Arrowhead quilt and the backing fabric you found in your stash (way to go!) is just perfect for it. Well done!

Cheers!