Thursday, March 22, 2012

My House Block

My art group decided to do house blocks. Each of us made a house, between 12" and 18" per side, any style house we wanted using any technique we wanted. They were due at our February meeting. Mine wasn't finished. Our March meeting was Tuesday. Mine still wasn't finished!

Yesterday I got it quilted. Finally!


It took me most of the day to quilt it. That included a trip to the quilt store to buy more blue thread for the pebbling of the sky. The plan for today is to get the binding, sleeve and label done. It should finish at about 18" square.

I gave Hattie the day off and quilted this one with Bernie. I didn't want to disturb Goldie who napped all day on her quilt which is laying on Hattie's table! Also, I wanted to use the walking foot for the straight lines on the house. I had not yet free-motion quilted with Bernie so I gave it a go. He did a great job! (FYI: Bernie is my Bernina 380 B, Hattie is my HQ Sweet 16)

5 comments:

Mama Pea said...

It looks good, Lynn! How fun that you got to quilt on Bernie! How was it?

Denise in PA said...

It looks great, Lynn. I have to say, pebbling was the way to go - it looks fantastic in the "sky"! So nice of you not to disturb Goldie - LOL!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your house quilt. Love that pebbling too. I must learn to do that. it add so much to the quilt.

Jackie said...

Simply gorgeous!

quilthexle said...

Lovely house quilt! No wonder you were running late - pebbling takes forever ! And you did a great job on it.