Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Bag

I had my head turned by this bag on my friend Caroll's blog. Then my friend Stephanie decided to take the class and do a pattern review with tips for me. Thanks so much Stephanie! I got my elastic yesterday. I don't need another bag, but I am making this one any way.

I ordered the pattern and hardware kit from an Etsy store, iTrust. While at work yesterday I had a few minutes in between customers to shop for some fabric for my bag. I couldn't decide between the light blue and the gold fabrics for the bag interior, so I bought both. I'm thinking one will be the interior and one the pockets.


I have been admiring that circle batik for a while and I thought it would go nicely with the antique brass hardware. I would have preferred a different finish on the metal, but this was the only option. I hope to start on my new bag next week. This is the kind of thing I need to concentrate on to do a good job. Thus not a good project to start during Spring Break when the boy is home.

3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love those fabrics and can't wait to see how your bag turns out. Clad you found the hardware kit. Hope it was a good deal. I've heard it can be expensive. Stephanie did have a good post and lots of tips. Love how her bag turned out too.

Mama Pea said...

Looks good! I can't wait to see the finished product! I would have preferred a nickel finish on my bag. Wish I had had access to that kind of hardware, myself. And of course, like you, I didn't need a new bag, but I had to make it!

Beeshebags said...

Love it....I do have a soft spot for bags....and owls!

Can't wait to see your finished bag.

Hugs
Naomi