Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Splurge

I follow quite a few shop blogs and on Facebook and via email newsletters. This can be dangerous!

Case in point: I follow Red Rocks Threads on Facebook and get their newsletter. Recently they sent out a sale flyer to newsletter subscribers. One of the sale items was this collection of Aurifil thread.


I browsed. I put it in my cart and then took it out. I thought about it all morning. Then caved and bought it for 50% off! It was just too good a deal to pass up for a collection of 12 large spools of thread. Eleven of the colors are new to my collection. The twelfth one is a light gray one (top left in the photo below) that I use for piecing. Perfect!


Aren't they lovely?!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Great buy! A very practical "splurge."

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love that thread. And I just love these colors. I've never seen it in such beautiful colors. You will have lots of fun with them.

Denise in PA said...

Gorgeous! Sometime's it's so hard to resist, huh?!

Mama Pea said...

How did I miss that sale????!!!! I get their newsletter, too. I have been wanting this and totally would have bought it. Is the sale still on? What a great splurge!