Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Plus

My Mother's Day gift arrived a bit early. I'm not complaining!


I got a SewEzi portable sewing table for Bernie. My old sewing table didn't work properly with Bernie's knee lift and wobbled like crazy if I sewed at my normal speed. I was bracing the table with my left knee to keep it from wobbling, but my knee was developing a sore spot as a result. So it was a medical necessity for me to get a new table! And DH agreed! He was so happy to not have to worry about Mother's Day shopping that he didn't even ask how much he spent. As long as I was ordering, I also got the insert for my Featherweight. I'm gonna be stylin' at my next retreat!

The stack of fabric sitting on the table is the "plus" part of the post. Last week I had to get a crown on a tooth I chipped a month ago. The fabric was my reward for being brave at the dentist. I sure earned it too! It required two shots to numb me and it was still uncomfortable. My whole head was numb for most of the day and the gum was swollen for 5 days! Does anybody else reward themselves for doing the yucky stuff? I got a selection of prints from the new Quilt Blocks fabric line, purchased from my favorite online shop The Intrepid Thread. I have no plan for it yet. I just like it.

8 comments:

Rosa said...

Great gift!
When do you celebrate mother`s day?Here is the first sunday of May.This year was last sunday,6.

Barb said...

Oh.......I love your table...Happy Early MOther's day!

Anonymous said...

I want a sewing table! How do you change the bobbin, tho?

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your idea of rewarding yourself. I'm usually just the opposite. Now you have me thinking differently. We deserve it don't we!

Mama Pea said...

I definitely think you should reward yourself! I love your table. That is just great. Congratulations! I got a crown recently, too. Ouch. My tooth is still sore. Is it supposed to be like that?

Laurie said...

I'm the same way -- and I'm turning 50 in a few weeks! I've already scheduled an appointment with 5 different doctors to look in every hole I own...I'm gonna be deserving a HUGE stash reward by the time July rolls around! Mammogram, "well-woman", colonoscopy, eye doctor and dentist! uggghhhh. But as a nurse, I'm a firm believer in preventative medicine and early detection. Still - I'll be rewarding my good intentions :) Happy Mother's Day to you!

Denise in PA said...

Excellent Mother's Day gifts! I know you are going to love the table!

Linda said...

Awesome Mother's Day gifts. The table is the best. I've had my eye on one of those!!