Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Oh My Stars progress

I did get the stars all pieced Friday evening before bed.


I am very pleased with how this is coming together! All those stars went together very smoothly. I was so tickled that my piecing was that accurate even with all those seams.

I'm still waffling about a border. I don't think it really needs one from a design perspective, but I'd like it to be a little bigger and I don't want to make any more stars. I have two border ideas that I like. One would be fast and easy. The other would be quite involved. If I do a border, I'm leaning toward the fast and easy one because I don't want to detract from the beautiful center, just frame it.

I've decided not to do anything for at least a week to give myself a bit of a star break and to time to think about the border or no border decision.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Teresa said...

I love it Lynn!! Now I wish I had done that quilt along. Dang yours looks awesome!

Mama Pea said...

I think a border would frame it nicely. How about a solid color border. You could do some nice quilting in it with a matching thread so as not to detract from the stars. I agree you don't want to detract from all your hard work! It is so beautiful! I love how it turned out! I can't wait to see where you go next. I could even see a piped border between your border and stars. :-)

Nana said...

I agree that a border would enhance the center, but keep it simple. Not much quilting will show over the busy center----maybe more would show in the border.
Mom
This is the first time I've tried to send a comment. Did you get it?

West Michigan Quilter said...

I Love your quilt! All the various sizes of stars makes it stunning. I'm still not sure I would want to detract from that, but only you can do the trial and see if you want a border. Can't wait to see what you do.

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

Congratulations! It certainly has been a very long process, hasn't it? But *so* worth the effort.

For what it's worth, I put a plain border all around but also put a wavy vine with leaves in two (only) diagonally opposite corners for interest. I felt it augmented the stars without ever detracting from them. (No, I haven't quilted it yet .. it's still waiting) :-)

merinz said...

I tend to agree with the others - a plain border would frame the beautiful stars.