Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Shopping

Last Thursday I went to Taos, NM for the day. It's about an hour and a half drive from Alamosa, CO so it makes a nice day trip. I went with my P.E.O. chapter. One of our members lives in Taos. We had our meeting then spent the rest of the day having lunch, shopping and enjoying each other's company. It was such a nice girls day out!

My first stop was Taos Adobe Quilting. The shop is not large, but they carry mostly brights, geometric prints, southwest prints and batiks.

Here's what I bought:


One yard each of every A Stitch in Color print they had. I have an idea now for my A Stitch in Color fat quarters and some yardage might come in handy.


Some Art of Possibility fat quarter bundles. Not all the prints are Art of Possibility fabrics but they all go nicely together.

Art of Possibility is a licensing agency that represents physically disabled artists under the Art of Possibility brand. Some of the prints above were done by a legally blind artist. I just love his work!


Some London Calling fat quarters and two others I just liked (two on the bottom right).

Whew! Good thing I only go to Taos about once a year! I bought a few other things, not fabric/quilt related too. I can't show those because they will be gifts.

In unrelated shopping, Interweave Press had their annual Hurt Book Sale recently. I decided to give these books a good home.


This is the first time I have bought anything from their Hurt Book Sale. I was very surprised when these arrived in what I would consider excellent condition. Maybe they are emotionally hurt because no one wanted them? In any case, I got three great books for less that $50, including shipping. The middle one and left one have been on my wish list for a while and the right one is a brand new release.


3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my gosh...what a haul....drooling here!

Paula, the quilter said...

I took advantage of Interweaves sale too. The only book different was that I got Melanie Testa's book instead of the Quilting Arts book.

Mama Pea said...

Love your fabrics! I got that Modern Quilting book at Market. I love it! Do you?