Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A New Project

I'm starting a new project soon using these fabrics.


This is as far as I've gotten on it because I am preparing for my guild retreat this weekend. Last week I woke up early one morning and couldn't get back to sleep because I was worried about what projects I should pack for the retreat! LOL! Of all the things to worry about, sheesh! That morning I got out my project tub and loaded her up. The fabrics above make 8 projects I'm taking to work on. I'll don't think I'll run out of things to do!

This morning I purchased a new, smaller sewing chair for me to take to the retreat. My regular chair is quite heavy and has arms which makes it very difficult for me to get in and out of my car. The new chair is not as nice, but is height adjustable, much lighter, and has no arms. I'm only planning to use it for retreats. The rest of the time it will just be an extra office chair.

I'm on the crew for Friday night dinner. We planned our menu weeks ago and I have almost all of the ingredients already packed. I'm not sure if I will have any more posts before I leave for the retreat. Most of my sewing time is being spent cutting and making sure I have everything I need for each of my projects laid out or packed. Not very exciting.

I do have something else to show today though.


I made up more earbud pouches over the weekend. I decided that I like the one shown in the bottom of the photo above (with the earbuds inside) better than the first one I made. So I'm keeping it instead. I blogged about these last Friday and the link to the tutorial is in that post.


3 comments:

Denise in PA said...

I like that stack of fabrics! Have a great time at the retreat. If you have worries that keep you from sleeping, worrying about the projects you are taking to retreat is a nice thing to worry about! o:)

Mama Pea said...

Those cases are so cute. Yes, I like that bottom one best, too. Kate Spain! Have fun at your retreat. Mine is this weekend, too. I haven't started packing yet, but like you, I've been fretting over what to bring! Have a great time!

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Quilting Community? Our members will love it!
Members include: Quilters, Quilting Enthusiasts, Experts, Bees, Circles and Clubs.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also share Photos, Videos and Articles if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
The Quilting Community: http://www.vorts.com/quilting/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor