Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Little Duffles

I recently purchased a new pattern, A Little Duffle Do It. These are really fun to make!


I've made three so far, two medium sized ones (7" by 3" by 2") and one large (8" by 4" by 4"). The construction of these is different than other bags I've done. They are easy to make and the pattern is well written with clear diagrams in all the right places.

I did, however, have a little trouble getting my pattern. It is a PDF pattern through Connecting Threads. I did not have the best experience with their customer service when the email containing the link to download my pattern never arrived. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. So mums the word on that experience.

But the pattern itself is really nice! It has instructions for 4 sizes - Tiny, Small, Medium and Large. You could easily adapt it to make other sizes. The bag is nice and sturdy. It doesn't require a bunch of fancy interfacings, yet holds its shape nicely. (The ones in the photo are not stuffed with anything. They are all empty.) They are fully lined and the interior seams are all covered with binding, except along the zipper. I zig-zagged over these seams to help prevent fraying. The pattern describes a different method, but I went with what I know. A must-have pattern for all bag-aholics. And it is reasonably priced at only $4.00! That is just $1.00 per size.

If you want to see more duffles made with this pattern, click here to visit Stephanie of Peas in a Pod.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your little duffles. Your fabrics are great. I've been afraid to attempt them. Stephanie from Peas in a Pod made me one so I'm really giving that a work out. These little bags are so nice. I like that you have so many different sizes in your pattern. I'll have to look into that.

Mama Pea said...

Great duffles! They turned out great. Thanks for the link up. Next you'll have to try the tiny one. :-)