Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Parental Visit Roundup

We had a great time with my parents, as always!

My dad did quite a few outside jobs for us.

Sprinkler Fixed
Garden Beds planted, pots spray painted and planted

Pots in front planted
The pot above is pretty neat. The solar panel on the right charges batteries that run lights inside the pot. It comes on after dark and glows for about 6 hours. It cycles through several different colors. Purchased from Gardener's Supply, here. In addition to planting 6 pots in the front yard with annuals, he also planted some new perennials and took care of some weeds and dead plants.

Funny Story: Over the weekend a woman rang our door bell to ask who did our front yard because she wanted to hire them to do her yard. LOL! My dad, my husband and I did the front yard and we aren't for hire. It was a nice compliment though.

My mom and I did several sewing room type projects.

Little Duffle, large size

Fun music fabric on the inside of the duffle
New bag pattern
What a fun and easy bag to make! Just requires two fat quarters and a zipper. We also used some interfacing on the back pocket.

Entire scrap bin cut into 2" and 4" squares
I wish I had taken a before photo of the plastic bin on the left. It was packed full of fabric scraps. My mom cut it ALL up for me. Sweet! In addition to the squares, she also cut a tumbler shape from every piece she could get one from and cut herself some strips for one of her own projects (not shown in the photo above).


2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

What a great visit. I wish you WERE for hire. I could use you! It all looks just great. Glad you had such a nice visit.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Man, I wish i had parents to help me like that! You are so lucky. Wish you were for hire too. I could sure use you. Loved that little bag. I haven't seen that pattern before and will have to look for that one.