Friday, May 31, 2013

Quilting Zig Zags

I am trying to quilt and finish at least one of the many tops I have completed.


I chose to work on this one because I had the backing fabric already and a piece of batting large enough. I also knew how I wanted to quilt it. I'm using Bernie to quilt this one because it is small and I'm doing lines.

The center is done. I'm now working on the two long sides and taking the quilting into the side border. Quilting lines is not fast, but it also isn't hard. It is easy to quilt a couple of lines in between other tasks, which is how this one is getting finished - slowly but surely, one line at a time.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

This is looking great. I love how you are quilting it. Good thing that is small enough to do that. Show us the whole quilt when it is finished, please. Can't wait to see it.

merinz said...

And very effective too!

Denise in PA said...

Look at you, with that artsy-looking photo - LOL! Very nice! I agree - doing lines like that is actually easier on the domestic - and I love the look. I'm itching to try the serpentine line quilting I've been seeing around blogland lately.

Mama Pea said...

It's amazing how much you can get done, squeezing in a few lines here and there. It'll be done before you know it. Good job!