Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Finish

I have had a fairly successful week of finishing things up. My husband and son have been at Boy Scout Camp all week. Spooky and I have missed them, but we are both enjoying the quiet and leisurely pace of a week on our own.


This little wall hanging was made as a class sample sometime last year. It measures about 37" square. Square quilts aren't my favorite, but it works well for this design. I tried an all-over modern flower motif for the first time. I've been wanting to try this design for a while. It is a design from the book Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Waters, Flower Power on pages 67 and 68.

Here is a close-up.


Rest assured that this quilt was thoroughly cat tested.


I turned my back for a minute while quilting it to fiddle with my iPod. Spooky took the opportunity to crawl in underneath the quilt and inspect it for me. I passed inspection.

I plan to keep this one for now. It is a nice size for my house and will go well in my living room.


4 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Wow, this looks great! And the quilting is fantastic! Great job o:)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your wall hanging. The quilting is great. Wish I could do that with my machine. Looks like a fun design.

Barb said...

too funny about the cat...

Looks fabulous!

Mama Pea said...

I kinda like square quilts. It's really neat, Lynn! Love the colors and the stripey design!