Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Scrappy Trails

My Scrap Group met last week. We worked on Scrappy Trails quilts. Below is my finished top.


The pattern for this is from the book Cut the Scraps by Joan Ford. I am really enjoying using up my scraps. Having them already cut into usable pieces makes a big difference. This one is made from 4" and 2" square scraps plus some solid white yardage. The pattern in the book calls for 5" and 2.5" squares but it is easy to resize the blocks. My version above measures 45" by 54" at the moment. I haven't decided if I want to put a border on it or not.

Spooky throughly inspected the quilt while I was trying to photograph it.


At one point she stood on the board along the bottom of the fence to check the seams on the back. I wasn't ready with the camera so didn't get a picture of that. Not that you could see very much of her anyway. I'm not sure if I passed inspection or not. She usually reserves judgement until after it is quilted anyway.


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your quilt is stunning! I love it and want to get that book/pattern. I really need to use my scraps. Thanks for sharing.

Lies Koster said...

Very nice, Lynn. I like the effect of the arrangement of the white and "coloured" material. Very nice, as if it has shaddows. Maybe I'll use this pattern with some colour in stead of white. huisvlijtigliesje.blogspot.com in the Netherlands

Mama Pea said...

I literally gasped when I saw this. I love it! Wow! I wish I could get going on using my scraps. I feel like I don't have enough that would look good together. haha.