Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Next Scrap Group Project

I'm hard at work on the next scrap group project. We meet next week. This is the block we will be making.


This block is huge - 24" finished! It is made up of 2" squares and background fabric. The quilt consists of four of these blocks plus some sashing and a border. It uses an insane number of 2" squares - like 800! Which is good because my 2" squares are breeding. I am hoping this will get them under control.

The quilt is from the book Cut The Scraps by Joan Ford.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow! This is interesting and looks like a great way to use those scraps. Do you ask each person to make a block? Or how does your group work?

Unknown said...

Oh, don't get rid of too many of those 2" squares. I have a new design coming out...soon...well, as soon as I can get it made. Another variety postage stamp quilt, but I am not tired of them yet.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to tie all those crazy scraps together!

quilthexle said...

I knew it - they do breed, I swear !! Great pattern to use some of them up, love it !