Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hexa-Chevragon Quilt Top

'Tis the season for new class sample sewing.


This is a Hexa-Chevragon quilt. I got the idea from the Crafty Fox blog. She cut her own hexagons. I used two packs of Honeycombs. I used her basic idea but had to figure out the measurements since my pre-cut hexagons must be a different size than the ones she cut.

My top is approximately 43" by 49". I have a few hexagons left over. The plan is to use them on the back. The fabric line is by Kate Spain for Moda, Sunnyside. The solid is Kona Ash.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. I just picked up a package of hexagons and wondered what I'd do with them. I love your design. Thanks for the link. That would be fun too, but only after I make the precut ones.

Rosa said...

Simply beautiful!!

Gene Black said...

Lynn, that quilt looks great. I have a hexagon die for my cutter. I may try a small table mat like this to see how I like sewing it. ((grin))

Mama Pea said...

It's really cool, Lynn! I love your colors. The chevron shapes that are embedded are neat! Nice job!