Monday, October 28, 2013

Retreat Report

A good time was had by all!

I got my camera out but promptly lost it in my mess so I didn't take a single photo at the retreat! The pictures probably wouldn't have been that good anyway because there are too many windows for good pictures during the day and not enough overhead light for good pictures at night.

Here is what I accomplished:

I made the four blocks for my Flying South class sample.


These blocks should look familiar since this is the same pattern I used for my last scrap group project. For this one I am using charm packs instead of scraps.

I made the first of twelve blocks for my next scrap group project.


The pattern is called Star Value. This one will have multiple colors for the stars and on-point squares. I was given some red and blue squares at retreat that I plan to use to make a Quilt of Valor. For that one I plan to make the stars alternate between red and blue and use gold for the on-point squares.

I made four Runaround Bags.


The one on the far right is MINE, made out of this adorable fabric. The other three will be gifts and a store sample.

I did a little shopping too.


I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked, but I never do. It is a lot of work to pack up my sewing room, drive for a little over an hour and then unpack everything only to have to do it again two days later, but worth the effort. We sewed and laughed and sewed and ate and sewed. Our next retreat will be the last weekend in February. I'll sign up and pay next month at guild.


1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

I really love those first blocks! They are stellar! And I love your runaround bags...especially the one you are keeping! LOL. I haven't figure out what I'm going to do with my pirate fabric yet, but I do have an idea. :-)