Friday, November 29, 2013

Star Value Top Finished

The November project for my scrap group was the Star Value Quilt. My top is finished!


The pattern can be found here and includes instructions for 5 block sizes. I made the 24" blocks and did twelve blocks. My finished top is 72" by 96".

No one else in the group was able to finish a block during the class. We are meeting in December, but there is no new project so hopefully some of them will be able to get one of the previous projects finished.

I am already planning another one of these quilts. It will be a Quilt of Valor. A guild friend gifted me some red and blue squares that will be perfect for the stars. I already have plenty of light background fabrics and gray/black. I purchased a few 1/8 yard cuts of cheddar fabric to use for the diamonds. I'm planning for this quilt to be my main retreat project for my guild's February retreat.

Notice the snow in the photo above. And we got more snow after it was taken. Spooky is not fond of the snow. She has started behaving better so she can hang out with me in my sewing room.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your quilt! Very nicely done.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your quilt and want to make one too. Thanks so much for the link. I like those ornaments in the previous post too. Didn't get to the computer until today. For your QOV are you going to use only red, white and blue fabrics? I have always wanted to do a quilt for them. Such a worthy cause. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Rosa said...

Wow,it`s stunning!

Mama Pea said...

This is Ah. Mazing! I love it! So colorful...just perfect! Well done, Lynn! You are cranking out some pretty awesome quilts!