Thursday, January 9, 2014

Making Progress on my Village Section

I've finally had time to work more on my village piece for my art group.


Last time I showed this I was looking for a way to add the required "identifiable quilt block" to my section as well as fill the bottom third with something. A couple folks suggested using pinwheels as flowers. After a bit of trial and error I came up with some pinwheels that will work. These are tiny - one inch finished little blocks! I plan to make some more but have not yet. These are each backed with a square of green fabric. The pinwheel and backing square are zig-zagged together around the outside. I plan to attach each one by hand with a tiny button in the center.

The next step is to add some detail with stitching as well as secure all of the appliques. Lastly I will do a bit of hand work, attaching the pinwheel flowers with buttons at the very least, maybe some more hand stitching too. This is very much a "plan as you go" project for me.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Looking great. You are so creative!