Friday, February 14, 2014

Sue Spargo BOM

I received my first month's block for this years BOM by Sue Spargo a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I am not permitted to show photos of this project in progress. This BOM is a real departure for me. The entire quilt is hand applique and embroidery. The embroidery part shouldn't surprise you, but all hand applique ... that is not normal for me. At least for this first block, over half of the applique pieces are wool, which I don't mind so much. The needle turn has been a challenge for me. However, I'm really pleased and impressed with my work on this first block.

I do have something Sue Spargo related to show you though.


This little birdie was given to me yesterday by a friend. Thank you Mary Ann! She made it from a Sue Spargo pattern. I just love Sue's little birds! This one is extra special because it was a gift from a friend.

Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I guess you know that Sue S. was at our guild a few months ago. She's amazing.

Mama Pea said...

Have fun with that! I didn't do needle turn for my blocks last time. I used freezer paper and starch to shape my applique pieces. Much easier. If you need information on how to do that, let me know. ;-)

The not being allowed to show photos last year was an annoyance for me. Hope you enjoy this! I still need to finish last year's!