Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Throwing Stars

I was struggling with a name for this one. My husband suggested "Throwing Stars." The blocks do look like a throwing star.

A throwing star

The finished quilt top is 32" by 40".


I made the quilt with a charm pack, plus a few extra 5" squares, about a yard of black and about a quarter yard of border fabric. The smaller blocks in the border are made using the "waste" from the larger blocks.

The blocks are made using the Corner Beam Ruler.


The quilt will be a shop sample for a while and then a class sample. Eventually, I hope it will become my February quilt here at home.


3 comments:

Denise in PA said...

What a great quilt! I love Deb's rulers. I have most and will be adding this one to my arsenal!! o:)

The Slow Quilter said...

Throwing star is a great name for the quilt. Love the look.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. It is very similar to one I'm doing at the Happy Scrappers, but mine is paper pieced. I love your border and will keep that in mind when I finally finish mine. Beautiful!