Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Finish : Scraps of My Heart

My LQS, Heartstrings & Heirlooms, is having a quilt challenge. The theme is "My Favorite Things." The owner requested that employees have their quilts finished by May 1st. Below is my entry entitled "Scraps of My Heart."


This went together quickly because all of the fabrics used were scraps and already cut into squares.

So how does this fit the theme?

(1) Look closely and you will see that I fussy cut some of the fabrics to highlight some of my favorite things - quilts, flowers, sewing machine, cat, tea cup, numbers, polka dots/circles.

(2) Many of the fabrics themselves are favorites of mine.

(3) This was all made from scraps.

(4) The graphic/modern design of the quilt as a whole.

(5) The striped binding.

I also love being able to cross this project off my list ahead of schedule!



2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a darling quilt! I love the fussy cut fabrics. I like the challenge your shop owner came with. I'm going to mention it to our LQS owner. Hope she does it too. Of course, if she does I'll probably copy you.

Mama Pea said...

That's awesome. I love everything about it. I love the quilting on it, too.