Tuesday, April 8, 2014

This and That

I did a little "functional" sewing last week. I hemmed a pair of pants for my husband. These are Boy Scout pants, the kind where the legs zip off so they can be worn as both pants or shorts. Being able to zip off the legs made this a bit easier.


Not a very exciting project, but he was very happy with them. I haven't hemmed a pair of pants in a while. It took a lot longer than I expected. The measuring and pinning took the most time. The sewing part went quick.

Last weekend was the annual Sewing & Quilting Expo in Pueblo, Colorado. I didn't get to go last year and was hoping to go this year. It didn't work out though. Instead, I ordered some fabric from Hawthorne Threads online. Some Mad Mend I've had my eye on for a few weeks.


Spooky absolutely insisted on being the picture! I took several and some part of her was in every one. At least you can see the fabric in this one.

I just love the scissor prints so I bought some of every color way. The thimbles also caught my eye. Instead of stashing all of this I'm trying to come up with a project to use at least some of this right away. We'll see how that goes.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Those fabrics are stunning!

merinz said...

What beautiful materials! I am beginning to think it is high time I made a visit to America!

merinz said...

What beautiful materials! I am beginning to think it is high time I made a visit to America!

Mama Pea said...

Love the fabric! Love the tail in the photo! I have three mending projects hanging over the back of my sewing chair right now. :-(