Tuesday, July 1, 2014

It's All Barb's Fault

Yesterday afternoon I was drinking a cup of tea and reading a few of my favorite blogs. Barb of Bejeweled Quilts by Barb showed a Disappearing Hourglass Block along with the tutorial by the Missouri Star Quilt Company.

If you don't know about this block click this link to go to Barb's post and watch the video.

I immediately pulled out a layer cake I was saving for the "right" project along with some a solid fabric and made a block.


And now I have yet another work in progress. But it really is a fun block!

One block got this out of my system for today, but I'm sure I will finish this at some point. It will make a nice size quilt. My block will finish at 11.5" square.


5 comments:

PugMom said...

Thanks for sharing Lynn. I am running to start my newest UFO!!!!

barbara woods said...

i read her blog and watched the video and now i want to make a quilt like that.

Deanna said...

Barbara is such an enabler. Your block looks great!

Barb said...

I told you to be strong!!!! HA!!!!

lindamid said...

thanks for sharing. love the block.
these disappearing whatever (4patch, etc) are fun to do. have fun on your trip. i am almost finished with my civil war scrappy stars. just have to finish sewing rows together and put a border..