Monday, August 18, 2014

Saturday Sewing

After my guild meeting on Saturday a few ladies stayed to sew bags for our Quilts for Oncology project. I wrote a simple pattern - click here for the tutorial - that everyone followed.

Below are some of the bags I made as well as one donated by my mom.


A few of ladies also brought finished quilts to go in their bags. Below are the four I brought home to deliver to the hospital this week.





I put them all on my clothesline this morning and had to stand in the furtherest corner of the yard to get them all in one shot.



4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your bags. The quilts you are donating are beautiful! What a wonderful group of women! Love seeing everything on your clothes line!

Ann said...

SLVQA is always so generous with their time and fabric. They've done a wonderful job again. What a kindness. Congratulations.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love the last picture with all the quilts and their bags on the clothes line! It is fabulous how many quilts you all crank out for your cancer center.

Mama Pea said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing.