Friday, August 15, 2014

This and That

First, we got a good report from the doctor yesterday about my husband's recent foot surgery. Everything is looking good. He does not need to use crutches any more. He can walk, just not far or for very long. And he can drive. So we can resume some semblance of normalcy!

Second, I finished the Chevron quilt top.


I used 3" finished size half square triangles. Thus, this top measures 48" by 60".

Third, I finished block 7 of the Christmas Quilt.


The tree is suppose to have some buttons on it, ornaments I suppose. I will wait until I quilt it before adding those. The strip pieced tree looks great, but all those seams made the hand applique "interesting." Not something I'd like to tackle again any time soon. Luckily, block 8 does not have any pieced appliques.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great to hear about your husband. Love your chevron quilt. I showed it to some of the Happy Scrappers and they want to make it. Love your block for the Christmas quilt. So cute! You did a great job on those Stars. And I love how the tree turned out. I couldn't imagine it when I saw your previous post.