Monday, November 10, 2014

Christmas Quilt :: Block 10

I finished up the applique last night but waited until this morning to add the pieced border and take a picture.


I must admit that I find this guy a bit creepy. I thought he was creepy when I pulled out the pattern. I hoped that when he was finished in fabric it would help. It didn't.

I'm pretty happy with my solution for his teeth though. The pattern said to piece the teeth with black fabric for the inside of his mouth. The alternate suggestion on the pattern was to color with a black Sharpie on the white fabric to make the teeth. I didn't care for either of those. I outlined the teeth using a chalk pencil on the black fabric, backed the black with stabilizer, then zig zag stitched tightly with my machine and white thread to make his teeth.

Two more blocks to go! My goal was to have the top done by Christmas. I may bump this project up on my priority list to get the top finished by Thanksgiving because I'm ready to be done with this. I'm also considering taking this project to a local long arm quilter for the quilting. I could quilt it myself, but I don't have any ideas yet for how to quilt this despite spending hours on this project already. We'll see how I feel about it once the top is completed.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Looks cute to me. I don't think I would have thought those were teeth if you hadn't talked about it. The eyes are so small in comparison to the mouth I really didn't know what it was. Don't fret it. I bet it will look nice in the quilt and no one will question it.