Thursday, December 4, 2014

Angel Project Quilt Done

My Film at Five quilt is finished and on it's way to Gene for his Angel Project.


I love how this turned out! I did the "tube method" for my 25 patch blocks which made this go together much faster. I have been aware of the method for some time but this is the first time I have had a chance to use it. It worked well.

I spent a little extra time on the quilting for this one, just because.


The quilting pattern is a traditional sashiko pattern and pretty easy to do on an already gridded top. I've done it before on larger squares. I think it looks better on these smaller, 2" finished, squares.

The finished quilt measures 54" by 70". I used 30 2.5" strips of print fabrics and Kona Ash for the background. The binding is Kona Navy. The pattern is called Film at Five by Deanna of Wedding Dress Blue. Click here to go to Deanna's excellent tutorial. I quilted it with Signature 40 wt. cotton in Ivory. Strangely, the ivory colored thread is pretty close match to the Kona Ash, which is a gray fabric.


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your quilt! The colors you used are fantastic. Love the way you quilted it too. Some lucky angle will be thrilled!

Gene Black said...

Wow! This is amazing. I can hardly wait to open and fondle it before it goes to one of the teens in the shelter. Blessings to you for being an Angel.

Mama Pea said...

Really love this quilt! It would have been hard for me to give that one up! What's the tube method you used? I am not aware of it.