Monday, March 2, 2015

A Finish :: Charm Pack Cherry QOV

I finished the quilt of valor I was working on last week over the weekend. In between snow showers I was able to run outside and get a quick picture.


The pattern is called Charm Pack Cherry and it is a free pattern from The Fat Quarter Shop. The link will take you to the pattern. There is even a video you can watch if you don't understand a part of the pattern. But I thought the pattern was very clear and easy to follow.

I used two charm packs of the Moda line Because of the Brave for this quilt. For the solid squares I picked up two charm packs of a light tan Moda Bella Solid. Using charm packs made this quilt super fast and easy to piece. I wanted mine to be a little larger than the pattern so I added some borders, again using fabrics from the Because of the Brave line.

My quilt finishes at about 64" by 66". I'll be sending it to Alycia Quilts here in Colorado. It is washed and ready to go into the mail this week. If you are interested in making a QOV, Alycia is currently hosting a QOV quilt along. Click this link to go to the last post she did about the quilt along. In the link she is posting step #2, but at the bottom there are links to the fabric requirements and step #1. She also has other free patterns/tutorials that would make great QOVs, just look around on here blog!


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Cute quilt. Looks like a great way to use scraps. I love using my scraps. Thanks for the link!