Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Circles

My guild is doing a sampler quilt this year. It's kind of a quilt along. Each month a skill is demonstrated and then the block for our sampler quilt uses this skill.

This month the skill is sewing curves. I was asked to demonstrate sewing a traditional drunkard's path curve. I recently purchased the Accuquilt die for my Go! to cut 3.5" finished drunkard's path blocks. I pulled it out along with some scraps and started cutting. Then I sewed up a few to practice before I have to demo this next weekend.


The original plan was to just sew a few for practice and that would be that. However, once I got going I decided to really make something with these. I ended up cutting down the circles to 5.5" (unfinished) from the 7.5" (unfinished) they were. A few plain 5.5" squares plus the pieced circles turned into the block you see above. It is going to be finished as a pillow cover one of these days.

For now, I'm ready to do my demo on Saturday for my guild. I even cut up some extra block units for guild members to use for practice.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your curves look perfect! I wish I could be there because I really need help sewing curves. Have fun!