Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Covered Notebooks

After seeing Debbie's gorgeous notebooks last week, I decided to make some more myself. I even have composition notebooks already to go inside. I started with these two that have been cut out for over a year! The fabrics are the same but I quilted them differently.



Then I found a large enough piece of this cup fabric in my scrap basket. So I turned it into a cover.


And by this time I was on a roll. I decided to finally cut into some of my Charlie Harper fabrics. For this last one I used two fabrics for the outside.

The Front

The Back
For all of these I put a label on the inside front sleeve.


I used my own pattern for these but have been adjusting it to make it faster. The original tutorial I did for these is here, but I plan to update it soon. Originally I was leaving an opening and hand sewing it closed. I have figured out how to avoid having to hand sew at all and have streamlined the steps involved.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love the fabrics you have chosen. I was just thinking that these would make great Christmas gifts. If I get started now maybe I'll have them completed in time this year! Thanks for the link to your tutorial!

Mama Pea said...

I love making notebook covers. These are great. I love the squirrel one! I also love that you put a label inside. That's a great idea!