Thursday, March 5, 2015

Rose of Sharon Hand Embroidered Bag

I have had a request to teach some hand embroidery. It all started with this bag. I can't teach that exact bag without requiring folks to buy the book that the bird pattern comes from. So I'm developing my own applique pattern using my Accuquilt Rose of Sharon die. Students can draw and cut their own flowers, leaves and circles or use the die at home or at the store. Or we may decide to make kits.

Here is what it looks like so far.



I don't know which is the front and which is the back. I'm not sure it matters. Nothing is sewn down yet and I don't have a firm plan for the embroidery yet. We'll just have to see what happens. Should be fun!


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a great idea. Can't wait to see this bag finished.

Gene Black said...

It should be a fun bag. I think people would like to be able to buy kits. You might consider having a couple of colorways for them to choose from.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This looks like a great project. Love your scrappy log cabins!