Monday, May 11, 2015

Batik Urban Birthday Top

I finished my batik version of Urban Birthday on Saturday. I quick took some pictures before it started snowing.


Here is a photo of it turned sideways so you can see the entire top better.


I'm teaching this class on Wednesday at my new LQS, Kathy's Fabric Trunk. This top will hang at the store for the next few months to advertise the class and patterns. If you are local or happen to be passing through Del Norte, CO you can stop in and see it along with all the other wonderful things Kathy has in her store. Kathy loves batiks which is why I chose to use them for this quilt. She always has a great selection of batiks.

I used 12 quarter yard cuts for this one. To see my first version of this quilt using a French General layer cake, click here


3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is really pretty - very colorful and festive.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. Great colors. I can't believe it is snowing there. I thought of you when I heard the news this morning! Yikes!

Marlene said...

Looks great. Hope the class goes well. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.