Monday, September 14, 2015

Scrappy Little Wishes Quilt Challenge

Pat Sloan is hosting a fun challenge right now. Click here to go to Pat's blog, read about the details and get the free pattern.

As you all know, I have a lot of scraps and I love to use them. I've made one block so far and middles for eleven more.


I think I will try to keep my star points in red scraps. I intentionally placed a light fabric in the center of each nine patch. Why? I have no idea. It seemed like the thing to do.

I don't know if I will stick with just twelve blocks or not. I don't know if I will sash these blocks or not. My plan is to make twelve blocks and then see what they want me to do with them after that.


3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I do like these blocks....perhaps I should join the challenge!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I like these blocks too. Maybe i should check out that challenge.

Vivian said...

Thanks Lynn! I just checked out Pat's post on this (a little late to the party!) and was thinking about doing this one using a lot of scrap triangles I have and loved that you went totally scrappy (centers and star points) with your block. I also wanted to go scrappy with the backgrounds and like the idea you used here of using a light in the center -- I think it will help "ground" the overall scrappiness of this approach. I saw your later posts that show that you changed gears to use up pieces made for another project so have finished these with a single background. However, this really helped me visualize how my fabrics could be used so again, thanks!