Friday, November 6, 2015

Ornaments and Designing

First, I'm finishing up my 2015 ornaments. So far I only have two completely finished, but the rest only need the embroidery part appliqued to the front. The base is made from maroon cotton velveteen. These started life as my living/dining room curtains. I got new curtains a few years ago but kept the old curtains because "surely I can use these for something else." I'm so glad I saved them.


I used my sewing machine to embroider my initials and the year on the backs.


Second, I'm trying to figure out how to use this adorable panel and write a pattern for whatever I come up with.


Actually, there are two panels shown in the photo above. I got two in case I need to start over or in case I want to make one for myself. Whatever I make will eventually end up at Kathy's Fabric Trunk as a sample and possibly a kit to support the fabric.

I have this whole stack of companion prints to play with.


This is the new Story line by Carrie Bloomston. I have a few ideas. I need to pick one and go for it!

Lastly, where is the best place to nap on a chilly morning?


Answer: On top of the radiator cover.

There are softer surfaces to lay on in this house but I bet this is the warmest.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your ornaments. Makes me think i better get ready and make something Christmasy too. Have no idea what to do with that panel but am eager to see what you do with it. Cats are precious.