Friday, February 26, 2016

Embroidered Pin Cushion

I recently purchased a couple of colors of Aurifloss for my shop, just to try it out. I needed a test project and chose one of the pin cushions from the book Patchwork Loves Embroidery.


Here is my pin cushion.


It is about 4" by 6" when finished. How did I like the Aurifloss? I loved it and ordered several more colors for the shop. Eventually I will get all of the colors but, like most people, I can't afford to get everything I want immediately.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

How cute. Sure wish I loved close to your shop!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the pincushion. The sweet bird is put against a perfect background fabric.

Sandy H said...

Me too--I'd definitely be buying this book and floss from you!

Mama Pea said...

I have some of their floss and want to try it. My lord is it expensive, though. Not sure why! I bought a package of 10 spools or so, and I think it was $50 or so.... Your pincushion is awesome.